The DWJ Zine (as-yet-untitled) is a tribute to the books and life of Diana Wynne Jones. I hope to be able to send her a copy when it's complete! It is being edited and published by Penina Gal, a cartoonist/painter/illustrator/designer/person and a huge fan of Diana's books.
I hope to be able to include all submissions, however, depending on how many are recieved, it might not be possible. This is going to be a hand-made, saddle stiched (stapled) zine, so I'm aiming for about 60 pages. But please do send in your submissions, and if there are way too many, I'll come up with another solution!
Here are some examples of what we're looking for:
- Personal stories related to Diana's books
- Essays about the books
- Drawings related to the books
- Any letters, interviews, or other such things you've received/sent/conducted from/to/with Diana
- Related photos--picture of yourself with Diana? Of your favorite edition of one of the books? Of a random sign with a character's name on it that made you freak out and everyone else you were with just think that you're really weird?
- Any other sort of related project!
We're not looking for fanfiction... sorry! I've got nothing against it; it's just a can of copyright issue worms I don't want to have to worry about, and just doesn't really fit the vision of what the zine's about.
Copyright and Comp Copies
You retain all copyrights for content you submit, and if your submission is printed, you get a free copy of the zine.
THE DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDTED! Please have all submissions sent in by September 11th, 2010 at 8:00pm EST.